Mediation Services – Intro
Resolving workplace litigation
In addition to resolving cases as an advocate on behalf of his clients, founding partner Brandon McKelvey mediates California wage and hour class and PAGA actions and other workplace disputes.
Brandon sees mediation from all angles
- Participation in hundreds of cases as both a plaintiff and defense attorney
- Personal understanding of what it means to own a California business
- A collection of tools and strategies accumulated on both sides of the bar
- 20 years of hiring mediators and knowing what creates a good or bad experience
This unique blend of perspectives enables Brandon to offer an objective and unbiased approach to mediation. He empathizes without favoring anyone. He is also 100% committed to removing every area of unnecessary friction for his mediation clients.
Here are a few of the differences you’ll notice when working with Brandon McKelvey…
- Fast, easy booking for painless scheduling
- Welcoming and easy onboarding/mediation preparation
- Creative use of technology and data tools that facilitate mediation
- Deep listening and collaboration vs. number shuffling
- Creative settlements structured to satisfy all parties’ goals
- Relentless follow up to reach a mutual resolution
Mediation Services – Booking
How much does Brandon charge for Mediation services?
|Full day multi-plaintiff/class/PAGA||$12,500|
|Full day single plaintiff||$10,000|
Mediation Services – Calendar
Full Day Mediation Availability
Mediation Services – Meet Brandon
Your Ideal Mediator
Mediation Services – Meet Brandon Copy
“I welcome the challenging and complicated cases. Almost any matter can be resolved through mediation if it is approached with the right attitude, commitment, and expertise. I strongly believe in the ability of opposing parties to come together at the mediation table and arrive at a solution.”
Areas of Expertise
- Wage and Hour Class Actions
- Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA)
- Wrongful Termination
- Workplace Harassment
- Employee Discrimination
- Complex Business Disputes
Founding Partner and CEO of Medina McKelvey LLP / Co-Founder of California Compliance Solutions LLC
- 20+ years in employment law with a heavy focus on wage and hour litigation
- Represented plaintiffs & defendants in over 500 cases
- Successful on both sides of litigation in multiple 7 and 8-figure class action & PAGA cases
- Collaborative approach, settling over 90% of cases without formal discovery or motion practice
- Entrepreneur and owner of two California businesses
J.D., University of California, Davis (2001)
- Executive Director of the U.C. Davis Law Review
B.A., Wayne State University (1998)
English Honors and American Study
Mediation Services – What to Expect
What to Expect with Brandon McKelvey
You can count on a warm welcome with clear communication about what to expect and any prerequisites for the upcoming mediation session. Brandon is highly responsive to your questions and wants you to feel well-prepared and confident.
We hate wasted time on Zoom and fumbling around with technology. We’ve streamlined the process of virtual meetings. This means you spend less idle time on camera, and we fully utilize the technology by sharing visuals and tools on screen that facilitate resolution.
Our job doesn’t end when the mediation is done. We measure outcomes based on reaching a settlement and how the parties felt about the experience. If settlement doesn’t happen the day of mediation, we keep following up to achieve successful closure.
Finishing mediation means breathing a big sigh of relief. It’s a challenging process, and we honor the effort it takes for our clients to secure a resolution. We make a point of recognizing all the parties involved after a mediation is concluded. Expect to hear from us as we find a unique way to show our respect and appreciation for your hard work.
What to Know About Brandon McKelvey
Although a few mediators out there have both plaintiff-side and defense-side experience, it is hard to find a mediator who has been a plaintiffs’ lawyer, a partner at an international defense firm, and who has owned multiple businesses. This experience allows me to understand and empathize with every mediation participant.
Although most people know me as a defense attorney currently, many don’t know that I was a plaintiff-side attorney for seven years. I’ve litigated six, seven, and eight figure employment cases on both sides of the bar, and I’ve been in both rooms with the best mediators in the country.
While many mediators are passionate about the law, the best mediators have a thorough understanding of business. Starting two businesses and serving in the capacity as a founder/CEO has helped me understand the business-side of mediation and effectively communicate with business owners, which often includes plaintiffs’ lawyers.
Having participated in hundreds of mediations on both sides of the bar, I’m shocked at how many mediators disregard basic emotional intelligence. If you are tired of mediators who don’t listen, connect with your clients, don’t give compliments, just shuffle numbers, and who overall have a terrible bedside manner, then you will enjoy mediating with me.
Are you frustrated with mediations that wander ineffectively into the afternoon only to derail and then rely on a post-5pm Hail Mary? My mediations have a timeline, structure, and cadence that is designed to give the parties a better chance at resolution. Mediation can be efficient and effective.